Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Not seeing Desktop Bookmarks in Android Chrome browser unless sync active

Is this normal behavior? normally I have sync turned off to prolong battery life but it also removes the capability to see the desktop bookmarks while in Android's Chrome browser. I thought the bookmarks were stored locally and then synced back when sync turned on.

To see desktop bookmarks I have to flip the sync on do my thing and then flip it back off when I'm done browsing. Not a problem but not expected behavior.

Default Re: Not seeing Desktop Bookmarks in Android Chrome browser unless sync active

Quote Originally Posted by paulgj View Post
    Is this normal behavior? normally I have sync turned off to prolong battery life but it also removes the capability to see the desktop bookmarks while in Android's Chrome browser. I thought the bookmarks were stored locally and then synced back when sync turned on.

To see desktop bookmarks I have to flip the sync on do my thing and then flip it back off when I'm done browsing. Not a problem but not expected behavior.
    I would argue that that is the expected behavior. Sync should be on if you want to sync desktop and mobile bookmarks.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Not seeing Desktop Bookmarks in Android Chrome browser unless sync active

Well the contacts don't disappear if sync is not on, made the assumption that bookmarks would be cached locally too.

Your observation is correct. Turn off sync and the desktop bookmarks folder disappears.

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts

Desktop bookmarks are still there for me with sync off.

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

Opposite for me. Sync on, no Desktop bookmarks, but when I save a bookmark, it does give me the ability to save to desktop on my device...

Haven't checked to see if they are syncing to my PC though...

Lightbulb Re: Not seeing Desktop Bookmarks in Android Chrome browser unless sync active

Click on Advanced Syncing Settings and pick Bookmarks and even Themes and Extensions.