| || |
4.4.2 update very unstable. Help?
Hey, everyone. I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 that isn't rooted. I updated my phone to version 4.4.2 a few days ago and have been noticing a lot of problems with it. I'll start listing a few here so someone can help me out. Note that all of these problems were never a thing before this update.
1. When my phone is asleep, sometimes trying to wake it up will not work. The screen will stay off and I'll have to force it to shut down and turn it back on.
2. My battery is dying quickly. Just a moment ago I went from 100% battery to about 58% battery within an hour and I wasn't doing anything but watching a YouTube video or browsing Facebook. At one point the battery dropped from 80% to 58% instantly. I had nothing open, just YouTube and Facebook. I didn't have anything strenuous running in the background - I keep tabs on stuff like that as I am anal about having optimum performance on my phone. Not that it means anything but my RAM usually sticks around 600. Just giving you an idea of how much I keep things in order.
3. I use the AVG AntiVirus application for its app password feature to keep people out of certain apps unless they enter the correct password, however, now it's an issue when entering a password. When I press on the enter password area, my keyboard will pop up but the app will restart, and I'd have to enter it again. Sometimes it'll restart for the second time before I can enter the app.
4. When watching YouTube videos for long periods of time, I've noticed quite a bit of lag. If I'm watching a video in landscape mode and try to turn my phone upright to view notifications, the phone will not change from landscape mode for awhile. It'll stay frozen for several seconds. If I see it isn't changing, I'll just turn my phone back to landscape mode and eventually the phone will change upright while I'm in landscape mode and then later change back to landscape mode since I had been in landscape mode. It's a very long delay that will cause someone to keep trying to change the video from portrait to landscape and vice versa with a very long delay which will eventually cause your screen to catch up with whatever mode you tried to have it in prior. This causes frustration.
5. When turning my phone on, it'll sometimes take awhile before my phone starts getting a signal. Even then I have to sometimes manually turn my wi-fi on.
Any suggestions on what I should do without rooting or reformatting my phone? Because I don't want to go through the hassle of rooting and I don't want to lose my data. Thanks in advance.