Hidden apps are gone after updating my Galaxy S4 to 4.4.2

Younes Hicham

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Before I updated my Galaxy S4 I had the option to hide apps. I hided a lot of apps that I didn't used like for example: internet, story album, TripAdvisor, S Planner etc.
Now I want to see my apps. I couldn't find them. I did some research and they told me to do this: apps, menu, uninstall/disable apps. It worked for me for some apps but not for all of them. I couldn't get for example S Planner, Internet etc. back. How can I get ALL of my (hidden) apps back?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

jaja iballa

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
i got same problem too. i cant find my hidden aps when using TouchWiz Home. but if im using TouchWiz easy home, they are there. any update? hmm. :-\

Fabian F

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. I can't hide my apps.

I tried that uninstall/disabled to hide an app.. It removed one of apps from my phone. I had to reinstall it from Play store

Last edited by a moderator:

Vedran Horvat

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
It is easy - just go to:
menu > settings > more > app manager - all
find "TouchWiz home"
press "clear cache" and "clear data".

You will need to readd items on your home screen because all will be deleted, but you will have all apps in the app draver. Also, note that in Kit-Kat, there is no option to hide apps, just to disable them. Too bad that they removed that option from the Touch Wiz :(

vincecohen

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
It is easy - just go to:
find "TouchWiz home"

You will need to readd items on your home screen because all will be deleted, but you will have all apps in the app draver. Also, note that in Kit-Kat, there is no option to hide apps, just to disable them. Too bad that they removed that option from the Touch Wiz :(

Thanks! That worked for me!
I don't really understand why they removed such a useful option to hide all that touchwiz bloatware. :(

Younes Hicham

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
It is easy - just go to:
find "TouchWiz home"

Finally! Thank you!!

gxgs

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! That worked for me!
I don't really understand why they removed such a useful option to hide all that touchwiz bloatware. :(
Hiding them does not stop them from running in the background or at startup. They probably removed it because it was redundant. If you don't want to see these apps and will never use them, just disable them. Its a more logical approach since it will also disable them as bloatware, instead of aesthetically hiding them from the launcher while still running.

Now, hiding them for privacy purposes, thats different.

Soze

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Hiding them does not stop them from running in the background or at startup. They probably removed it because it was redundant. If you don't want to see these apps and will never use them, just disable them. Its a more logical approach since it will also disable them as bloatware, instead of aesthetically hiding them from the launcher while still running.

Now, hiding them for privacy purposes, thats different.

I could care less about them running, I just don't want to search through 4 pages of apps to get to the one that I need. We used to be able to create app groups that solved this problem. Did this go away too?

TALK2SHAAZ

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I have hide my hangout before...now after updating my s4 to the latest version available. 4.4.2 the hide items are not seen. I tried the one you said [clear cache and clear data]. But still the hangout does not come.:(

is there a way to overcome?can u help me.
Thank you,
shahid

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi.. Aside from the "Clear data" option for the touchwiz, you can go to application manager, select one of the apps that you need (works for Samsung default apps only e.g. S Health, the downloaded apps will be deleted) tap the Disable option... When you go back to home/main menu, press the menu button on your s4/s4 active then select show disabled items...

polocanada

May 10, 2014
Visit site
That option "Hide Apps"
Was likely disabled for two reasons 1)
Drive by Google to
simplify ("applefy") Android because maintaining it is becoming a difficult task and 2) maybe for concerns some publishers would use it as a simple method to circumvent and hide apps from user if they want to and users won't know where to find them. I find same with OSX, Apple refuses some apps running on system level and without Apple Signature to hide their icon in the tray.

You can get the Hide Apps option if you flash non-US/Canada ROM. I got a South American Dual SIM Galaxy phone and a European Galaxy Tab and both have the option. However my other Galaxy Tab with Canadian ROM doesn't have the hide option.

All devices run latest KitKat and all ROMs are official Samsung ROMs.

Besides these there are several other differences. For example the European ROM still has the multi-tasking menu. Canadian and South American don't.

The US/Canadian and the South America ROM has Display Mode option included. The European doesn't.

The Samsung WatchOn app is simply not available with European ROM even though you can (or soon can) get content in Europe and I don't see reason why the IR remote driver would be disabled in European ROM. You can still use Smart Remote without having content access. The Smart Remote app won't even run on Galaxy Tab with IR sensor with European ROM.

And I could go on and on....
That's an Android mess unfortunately. Great customizability but it
comes with side effects. I have iOS devices too and all has same stuff across all devices. That said, if Apple devices to pull something off everybody is affected
whether you like it or not.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
how to update android version for S4 mini from 4.2.2. to 4.4.2

Could you tell me is it available Android version 4.4.2 is available in UAE for S4 mini? If yes, tell me how to install it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol