Unbranded, SIM Free, Note 3 SM-N9005 & KitKat

Dewcal

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Am very new to Android, so please bear with me! With all the talk about KitKat, and being in the UK, I note that both Vodafone and 3 UK have released 4.4.2 updates. My question is how will an update arrive for my SIM free, unlocked, SM-N9005? Will it come OTA? Do I need to download a (correct) stock ROM and use Odin? Or is there another method? If I download a "stock ROM, will that affect Knox?

Kies keeps reporting I have the correct firmware.

Am in no great rush for update, just wondering about the mechanics of upgrading as this is the first OS change I will have seen on Android. So many questions and so little knowledge!

Thanks for any help
Dave

Obaidur Rahman

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Am very new to Android, so please bear with me! With all the talk about KitKat, and being in the UK, I note that both Vodafone and 3 UK have released 4.4.2 updates. My question is how will an update arrive for my SIM free, unlocked, SM-N9005? Will it come OTA? Do I need to download a (correct) stock ROM and use Odin? Or is there another method? If I download a "stock ROM, will that affect Knox?

Kies keeps reporting I have the correct firmware.

Am in no great rush for update, just wondering about the mechanics of upgrading as this is the first OS change I will have seen on Android. So many questions and so little knowledge!

Thanks for any help
Dave

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If it is not carrier branded then Samsung will release the update directly ota

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro