Unbranded, SIM Free, Note 3 SM-N9005 & KitKat
Am very new to Android, so please bear with me! With all the talk about KitKat, and being in the UK, I note that both Vodafone and 3 UK have released 4.4.2 updates. My question is how will an update arrive for my SIM free, unlocked, SM-N9005? Will it come OTA? Do I need to download a (correct) stock ROM and use Odin? Or is there another method? If I download a "stock ROM, will that affect Knox?
Kies keeps reporting I have the correct firmware.
Am in no great rush for update, just wondering about the mechanics of upgrading as this is the first OS change I will have seen on Android. So many questions and so little knowledge!
Thanks for any help
- 03-09-2014, 10:28 PM #2
- 03-10-2014, 07:24 AM #3
- 03-10-2014, 08:03 AM #4
Re: Unbranded, SIM Free, Note 3 SM-N9005 & KitKat
If it is not carrier branded then Samsung will release the update directly ota
dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
- 03-10-2014, 01:46 PM #5
- By Bruno Vun in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 05-20-2014, 08:49 PM
- By Wind-Up Bird in forum GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 03-30-2014, 02:08 PM
- By June_zhang in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-20-2014, 07:06 PM
- By Robbie Bain in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 03-07-2014, 01:11 AM
- By androidpro2014 in forum GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 03-06-2014, 04:31 AM