Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default KitKat and MAP (Message Access Protocol)

In 2012 when I bought a Droid Razr, ICS included MAP. This feature is necessary for my Ford car with Sync (Gen 1) to be able to notify me of an incoming text and then read it for me.
    When I upgraded the OS to JB, that feature was killed. Can someone tell me if KK has MAP? I'll be upgrading my phone in a couple of months but want to make sure I can use the text feature on my car.
    Thanks

Default Re: KitKat and MAP (Message Access Protocol)

I'm not sure but I have a clue. I have a Parrot Bluetooth setup. My Maxx reads text messages when in Driving Assist mode but it doesn't read them through Bluetooth. However, I simply paired this phone without trying to find the correct phone type in Parrot. It may not be utilizing all the Bluetooth features available.

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

jbeachy, thank you for your reply but I'm really not sure what all that means. I was hoping to find out if KK includes the BT protocol MAP. Without it, my car can't notify me of an incoming text and then read it for me.

I was suggesting, based on my limited experience, that the functionality probably does not exist.

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX