- 1,402 Posts
KitKat and MAP (Message Access Protocol)
In 2012 when I bought a Droid Razr, ICS included MAP. This feature is necessary for my Ford car with Sync (Gen 1) to be able to notify me of an incoming text and then read it for me.
When I upgraded the OS to JB, that feature was killed. Can someone tell me if KK has MAP? I'll be upgrading my phone in a couple of months but want to make sure I can use the text feature on my car.
- 03-07-2014, 07:39 AM #2
Re: KitKat and MAP (Message Access Protocol)
I'm not sure but I have a clue. I have a Parrot Bluetooth setup. My Maxx reads text messages when in Driving Assist mode but it doesn't read them through Bluetooth. However, I simply paired this phone without trying to find the correct phone type in Parrot. It may not be utilizing all the Bluetooth features available.
Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX
- 03-13-2014, 06:13 PM #4
- By RM83 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 14Last Post: 04-29-2015, 11:10 AM
- By MrTyC in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 04-25-2014, 08:04 AM
- By keleraba in forum HTC One M7Replies: 2Last Post: 03-06-2014, 07:27 PM
- By tcapote in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 03-06-2014, 06:44 PM
- By polishfly in forum AT&T LG G2Replies: 0Last Post: 03-06-2014, 02:46 PM