Things I want in Android 4.5 (stock Android.)

ViperAlliance

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
1. A "Clear All" button for Recent Apps.

2. Dedicated and simple Bluetooth file sharing app.

3. Show battery percentage from the notification bar.

4. Better keyboard, Gesture Typing support for more languages.

5. Immersive Mode for all apps (Or at least all Google apps.

6. Option for changing notification LED color and notification bar icons color.

7. Option for double-app multitasking. (Opening 2 apps on the same screen like in Samsung Galaxy phones.)

That's all, they're not big updates for 4.5, but if they'll jump directly to Key Lime Pie then I highly want a completely new UI.

What do you think? :)

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I would like 1,2,3,6,7.
I don't really want a better keyboard, I love this one over any I've already used, except blackberry virtual keyboard.

And right now, all I want for 4.5 is stability
Just like 4.3...
Kitkat has too many bugs

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
How about an OS that shows some progress on battery life? It's hit or miss anymore. A new UI is highly agreeable.

Sent from my S4 to you via Tapatalk ON KITKAT 4.4 (Finally!) 🍫

Alexander Bee

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
It would be nice if the white design of kitkat could become completed. They could color the volume interface and also the slide menu buttons in white.
Moreover the whole settings have to get a redesign. And I wanna have a complete new notification drawer maybe with Google now integration and some other useful stuff.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

7. Option for double-app multitasking. (Opening 2 apps on the same screen like in Samsung Galaxy phones.)

That's all, they're not big updates for 4.5, but if they'll jump directly to Key Lime Pie then I highly want a completely new UI.

Why would it be KLP? Kit Kat already used the letter K :p

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hardly. I personally think it needs to be lightened up. The depressing dark theme is a bit old by now.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Dark theme where? Maybe in the settings, but outside of that (at least on stock Android) the dark theme is gone. Launcher, nav, and status bars are transparent.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Dark theme where? Maybe in the settings, but outside of that (at least on stock Android) the dark theme is gone. Launcher, nav, and status bars are transparent.

Is the Notification shade still basically Black?

What about pop-up dialogs, etc.

😜

Larzukzek

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I want a "complete" UI overhaul personally. Something New, clean and fresh. I'd like to see a "Complete" User Interface resize option...Globally speaking, Menu's, Notification bar icons, etc. I want smaller.

Most importantly, I want it to work, Getting sick and tired of the sub par OS updates they have been pushing out...It's garbage..I know not for everyone, But just about every day there is a new thread created with folks complaining about something they broke with recent updates. I wouldn't be surprised if 4.4.3 or even 4.5 is an update to fix what they broke pushing out the 4.4.2 KK update to the devices laid out a few weeks back. Furthermore, If that is the case, I sure as heck hope they push THAT update through to ALL the devices that got updated to 4.4. "IMO", Google has been pushing out subpar product with their OS updates.

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Very much agree with #1. 2-6 aren't high on my priority list, but that's subjective. #7 would be really nice for the tablets...not so much for the N5 - not enough screen real-estate.

I'd also like to see the Settings menu reset to the Jelly Bean style for tablets - it looks terrible on the bigger screen. That's really the only thing I thought was a step backward from Jelly Bean to KitKat.

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I want a "complete" UI overhaul personally. Something New, clean and fresh. I'd like to see a "Complete" User Interface resize option...Globally speaking, Menu's, Notification bar icons, etc. I want smaller.

Most importantly, I want it to work, Getting sick and tired of the sub par OS updates they have been pushing out...It's garbage..I know not for everyone, But just about every day there is a new thread created with folks complaining about something they broke with recent updates. I wouldn't be surprised if 4.4.3 or even 4.5 is an update to fix what they broke pushing out the 4.4.2 KK update to the devices laid out a few weeks back. Furthermore, If that is the case, I sure as heck hope they push THAT update through to ALL the devices that got updated to 4.4. "IMO", Google has been pushing out subpar product with their OS updates.

Eh, I disagree. Maybe there are issues with non-Nexus devices, but my N5 has been great. To me, if there are issues with Samsung, HTC, etc., devices, that's more on the manufacturers and their OS overlays than on Android itself.

StrictlyGeeky

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hardly. I personally think it needs to be lightened up. The depressing dark theme is a bit old by now.

They did a little with KitKat. I personally like dark themes. Hate being blinded stark white backgrounds lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1