Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I think i did something really stupid with my tablet

Hi everyone,i was testing a program i was testing to make me super user and it installed a program and it said that alot of programs are full of ads and i click modify and it started to modify programs including google play store including installing a jar,it was so fast i couldn't do anything,the main problem was that there was no connection,so i did a factory reset and another and another and another still the same problem,searching by searching i found a tutorial about using total commander to change the settings in host file,i did that and it was connecting,but as soon as it did it gave a message unforginately google play store has stopped working,and it went on and on,i even uninstalled it about 3 times reinstall it and still the same thing,and again system restore over and over again,but still the same problem,i even install an apk called phonesky.apk but still i have the same problem,any help??

Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Default Re: I think i did something really stupid with my tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Irene Iwannou View Post
    Hi everyone,i was testing a program i was testing to make me super user and it installed a program and it said that alot of programs are full of ads and i click modify and it started to modify programs including google play store including installing a jar,it was so fast i couldn't do anything,the main problem was that there was no connection,so i did a factory reset and another and another and another still the same problem,searching by searching i found a tutorial about using total commander to change the settings in host file,i did that and it was connecting,but as soon as it did it gave a message unforginately google play store has stopped working,and it went on and on,i even uninstalled it about 3 times reinstall it and still the same thing,and again system restore over and over again,but still the same problem,i even install an apk called phonesky.apk but still i have the same problem,any help??
    What program were you using first? I'm guessing you were trying to root?

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

Global Posts
    24,686 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

What device are you using?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I can't remember which program i used,i needed to install a program called clean master which was good for clearing up space,and i wanted to grand it permision,so i got a program from the internet to make me root,it did make me but it also install another program on my tablet which did what it did. I own a tablet which i bought from ebay, its not a brand i think

Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by Irene Iwannou View Post
    I can't remember which program i used,i needed to install a program called clean master which was good for clearing up space,and i wanted to grand it permision,so i got a program from the internet to make me root,it did make me but it also install another program on my tablet which did what it did. I own a tablet which i bought from ebay, its not a brand i think
    So it installed a bunch of spam apps after you used the program to root? Could you try to find the program again?

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

After hours of searching what program changes core.jar in google play i found out that its a program called lucky patcher,and that it has an option to undo what it did,so i installed it,removed all the changes it did in the core then delete all the cache in davlik all the cache uninstall google play,run lucky patcher and removed again all the davlik and remove the changes it did in the core,install google play but still the same problem,i uninstall it again,run everything again did a factory reset install google play again but still it shows the same problem