Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By whodunit
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default What is causing a notification every 5 minutes after updating to KitKat ?

Ever since updating to Kitkat, my phone either beeps, or if I put notifications on silent, it vibrates, every 5 minutes. It's very annoying and I can't find the cause. I now have to have my vibrations turned off too so I don't know when I'm getting a text any more. Can anyone help? I did have a problem during the update and had to take my phone to the Sprint store and they did a hard reset. I'm using a galaxy S4 on Sprint. Thank you!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default Re: What is causing a notification every 5 minutes after updating to kitkat?

:what:

Default Re: What is causing a notification every 5 minutes after updating to kitkat?

Have you tried rebooting?

Sent from my LG-G2 running CMB Roms 4.4.2
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Yes, and I've cleared the memory and shut down all running apps and it still goes off every 5 minutes.

It might be your email app. Some S4 owners have had beeping every few minutes when email is syncing. You can check in email settings to see if sound is enabled.

Sent from my LG-G2 running CMB Roms 4.4.2
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

I'll check on that. I hope you're right, that would be an easy fix. Thank you.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Doesn't seem to be the email app. I'm using kaiten mail, by the way. I may have to start deleting apps until it stops. Then I'll know who the culprit is.

Quote Originally Posted by whodunit View Post
    Doesn't seem to be the email app. I'm using kaiten mail, by the way. I may have to start deleting apps until it stops. Then I'll know who the culprit is.

I was wondering if you figured it out because my phone is doing the same thing. I have done all of the troubleshooting, and still haven't figured it out. So frustrating.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default Re: What is causing a notification every 5 minutes after updating to KitKat ?

Yes, I believe I have. After the update to kitkat, there is a new option in settings. It's a notifications reminder and I had mine set to remind me every 5 minutes. It was reminding me even tho I had no notifications pending because, I think, it's because I use an app called notification toggle, so I always had something in my notification area. I'm not sure where this new setting is but I'll try to find it and post the directions.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default Re: What is causing a notification every 5 minutes after updating to KitKat ?

Ok, try this: go to settings, device, accessibility, vision, and then notification reminder. Make sure it's turned off. Please let me know if this works. Hope so! It fixed my problem. :-D
    msndrstood likes this.

That was it. Freakin Notification Reminder. THANK YOU! Freakin annoying. I hate 4.4.2. SUCKY!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

You're so welcome! Glad it helped.

I have exactly same problem with Verizon. It started just today (June 14, 2014). I have checked my "settings" on every app and find nothing that would cause this to happen.

Thank you, Whodunit: You solved the riddle! I don't remember ever changing this setting, and I don't understand why it would be under "vision." But . . . thanks a lot. Jim
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

You're very welcome!

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

I guess my LG G3 is a little different. I am running kitkat but I saw nothing under settings for device so I poked around and found accessibility then vision but nothing for notification reminder. I went under general and to appd and then all apps and brought the email app and I saw a check box for notifications there and unchecked it. Not sure what kind of notifications but I hope its not regular email. We shall see. Thanks for putting us on track
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Hope it helped.