Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Updating my HTC Desire S from 2.3 Gingerbread to 4.4 Kitkat, stuck on sending screen

Hi i'm a noob with phones, but I did a little research and I was fed up of not being able to use certain apps because I had an old android version, everything was fine but on the screen that says 'Sending... Updating the ROM image on your Android phone' thats been up for about 30 mintues, the dots after sending are still moving but it say's it should take about 10 mins, my phones screen is black with a silver HTC logo in the middle, what should I do? leave it and if it stays on the screen for longer can I unplug the usb or will that f up my phone? thanks

Global Posts
    18,880 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Updating my HTC Desire S from 2.3 Gingerbread to 4.4 Kitkat, stuck on sending screen

Welcome to the forums.
    How did you go about updating the ROM?
    I would honestly leave it until it is done.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Updating my HTC Desire S from 2.3 Gingerbread to 4.4 Kitkat, stuck on sending screen

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    How did you go about updating the ROM?
    I would honestly leave it until it is done.
    Hi I unplugged it as it went on for like 2 hrs longer, and my phones fine but I'm still trying to update it to Kitkat, My phone has never been recognized on HTC Sync Manager yet it is on my computer, is there a driver or something you think I might need to download before updating it? because I've tried twice since and still no luck gets stuck on the 'sending' screen

Also once I unplugged it gave me an error think it was code 155 saying it wasn't the right RUU so i tried a few others and no luck with them either

Global Posts
    18,880 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

You can try to see if you can download updated HTC drivers for your PC and see if that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here