any improvement news for Google Photos app?

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
My biggest gripe with the Photos app that's tied in to Google+ is the hoops I have to jump through to manually back up photos to my Google Account when using a mobile device. Currently the only way to do it is to use the Share option and share to - yes that's right - Picasa, the service that was supposed to be replaced by Google+ Photos. Any photos you manually share to Picasa will now show up in Google Photos (not the offline part of it though). There's is another option but it's even more convoluted than using Picasa: Share - People - your own account. What sucks about that is you can't even pick an existing album. What's worse, there's literally almost no documentation from Google or anywhere else that tells the average user any of this...Google expects you to choose autobackup as your only option to upload images on your phone, and allows you virtually no choice as to what. It's pretty much all or nothing. Overall it's awful, and I dearly hope they never get rid of the Picasa option because if they do, there will no longer be a method to use Google+ to manually upload images of your choice.

beeattitude

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I feel your pain. Since I use digital photos in my work, it's a daily struggle. I've been pro-Google for years until they completely ditched all the Picasa wonderful-ness. (Don't get me started on the new Google Maps for Android. I've been lost for two months!! :) I recommended Picasa to countless customers over the years and now I'm embarrassed that its "upgrade" is so counterintuitive that it's unusable for all of them. If Google would listen, they'd understand that some of us would gladly pay for a Picasa-like app. I've yet to find one online. Hopefully someone will pick up the slack and give us something similar. There's surely a few dollars to be made there.

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Gallery and Photos (and that app's need for Google+) both suck, especially if you have copied folders w/ sub-folders of pics from your computer.
Other apps are often mentioned - all are fairly terrible IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995