Google Android Device Manager
So Google launched their own app ADM for phone tracking and lock mode and stuff.
No doubt the tracking is accurate , it locks the phone and does some more stuff unless you have an internet connection on it.
But recently I noticed one flaw about this thing. It can be deactivated very easily if you don't have a passcode or any security set on your phone unlike the find my iPhone app on ios where u need to enter your account password even if your device doesn't has any passcode set .
This can prove a major flaw for the software as it is very easy to disable the ADM or even the location services for the phone if you don't have a password on it.
Is there any solution here or someone should help this reach the Google developers ?
Posted via Android Central App
- 03-12-2014, 09:00 AM #2
Re: Google Android Device Manager
The solution is, put a password on your device.
Overall google may implement having to input your password to disable as it has forced people to enter one when starting the app.
But again if security is a concern put a password on your device. even if you had one on the app it would be easy enough to just enter airplane mode and not be tracked or wipe the device.
- 03-12-2014, 03:38 PM #3
- By SouthTex in forum HTC One M7Replies: 8Last Post: 04-08-2014, 09:05 PM
- By JeremyMattew231 in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-12-2014, 10:22 AM
- By xchange in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 2Last Post: 03-12-2014, 07:51 AM
- By Rahul Rana in forum Android Central PodcastReplies: 0Last Post: 03-12-2014, 02:11 AM
- By ubergeek78 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 03-11-2014, 07:22 PM