KitKat Dialer and search by company name

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
If it's one thing that I love and miss about iOS it was Spotlight. You can search by first name, last name, company name; any part of a contact and it wold find it every time and fast. I'm now on a Sammy GS4 GPE and the stock dialer and a bunch of 3rd party dialers I've tried suck plain and simple. Searching by company name is hit or miss and varies every time I try it. It's not reliable in the least. Any suggestions besides jumping off a bridge would be greatly appreciated. #VentOver.

Last edited:

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I use yellow pages. Us folks on versions that aren't on Nexus or Google edition got a giant fart for an update. :)

Posted via Android Central App

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Ah I apologize for the misunderstanding. I guess I shouldn't answer posts after a long day at work :)
Anyways, the stock dialer on S4 is somewhat limited for being on a phone which is way more technologically advanced than that. It's a kind if "What the hell were they thinking?" Type deal. I just did some research and it seems that the stock contacts program has had flaws like this forever. Other than searching for a third party app or making the company name the last name of the contact nobody seems to have a solution.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12