Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default KitKat Dialer and search by company name

If it's one thing that I love and miss about iOS it was Spotlight. You can search by first name, last name, company name; any part of a contact and it wold find it every time and fast. I'm now on a Sammy GS4 GPE and the stock dialer and a bunch of 3rd party dialers I've tried suck plain and simple. Searching by company name is hit or miss and varies every time I try it. It's not reliable in the least. Any suggestions besides jumping off a bridge would be greatly appreciated. #VentOver.
    Last edited by rob damiani; 03-12-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

Default Re: KitKat Dialer and search by company name

I use yellow pages. Us folks on versions that aren't on Nexus or Google edition got a giant fart for an update.

Posted via Android Central App
    ~~ You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I want to search by company name within contacts that I have stored.
    Quote Originally Posted by troshs View Post
    I use yellow pages. Us folks on versions that aren't on Nexus or Google edition got a giant fart for an update.

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

Ah I apologize for the misunderstanding. I guess I shouldn't answer posts after a long day at work
    Anyways, the stock dialer on S4 is somewhat limited for being on a phone which is way more technologically advanced than that. It's a kind if "What the hell were they thinking?" Type deal. I just did some research and it seems that the stock contacts program has had flaws like this forever. Other than searching for a third party app or making the company name the last name of the contact nobody seems to have a solution.

~~ You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.
    Thanked by: