Android Music Apps?

XiDuelFilms

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
After the switch from iOS to Android, I have to say I am loving every aspect of it more than Apple's OS... apart from the music.

I loved being able to see all my songs in a clear interface, sorted by name, with separate tabs for playlists and albums. The Google Play Music app is decent, however I can not easily see all my music, and the big problem... there is no offline music without a subscription.

What would be the best alternative to Apple's default Music app for Android? I have tried doubleTwist however it has all of my audio (mixes, podcasts etc) dumped in one long list, which I hate, and it does not sync with iTunes correctly (I have 'songs' called GZ_iTunes_audiobed and the like...)

I don't need all the best features, I just want a minimalistic, clean interface, that can show me all my songs and works well with my existing music on iTunes.

Thanks

anon(7820633)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Apollo is a good one

Are you talking about Unlimited access for Google play music. It will download songs for offline access hit the thumbnail icon.

XiDuelFilms

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Apollo looks fairly good... How good is the syncing with computers?

Yeah - I don't want to pay ~?10 a month to listen to my music offline; as I don't want any of the other features

XiDuelFilms

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Unless I copy the files directly to the device in windows? Can they be played offline through Play Music then? Sorry for my newbieness... only got the phone yesterday ;)

anon(7820633)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
You can do that.

Also you can use google play music manager to move all your music in the cloud for free up to 20000 songs. Then download the file on your device with the thumbnail icon.

XiDuelFilms

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
You can do that.

Also you can use google play music manager to move all your music in the cloud for free up to 20000 songs. Then download the file on your device with the thumbnail icon.

I seem to have got it working now; made a new playlist with all my songs on it, downloaded that to keep offline, deleted the playlist and set 'last added' to download which keeps it up to date. If only Google music manager would keep the library updated; if I delete a song on iTunes it stays on Google play...

Thanks for the help :)

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
WAY more complicated than you needed to make it. When browsing your music, you can tap the menu icon (the 3 vertical dots) related to the song or album (can't do it by artist for some reason) and select "Keep on Device" from the menu. That then "pins" the music to the device for offline listening.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Cannot even access the Play Music Manager downloader for without a Credit Card (Seriously?!), and I'm not willing to give that to Google. My carrier lets my put purchases on my bill, which is fine since I barely purchase anything, anyways... Since the app now lets you put Offline Content on your SD Card, I was thinking about using it but given how good the Samsung media apps are it's not worth forking over those digits (also doesn't integrate with S Voice so I guess why bother at this point). I'd still like to "back up" my music just in case of a catastrophe, using a service designed for it instead of a vanilla cloud storage solution.

Does anyone have the installer for Play Music Manager?

No need for the All Access service. I buy the few tracks I find interesting and just use Milk Music for random music streaming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy