Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By spencerdl
  • 1 Post By n8ter#AC
  • 1 Post By Evilguppy
  • 1 Post By Carlos Ferreira4
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung galaxy Note 3 issues after kitkat 4.4.2 update in India

I have been facing lot of problems with (Original S view cover not working, battery drains out very fast, phone blacks out while unlocking etc.etc.) my note 3 after the 4.4.2 update, I installed it myself 1st through the push notificatin and then got it done from the Samsung service center but the issue still persists. Today I got a 25mb patch update, I was happy to see it thinking that it will resolve the issue but unfortunately it didn't. Can someone help on how to get these resolved, is Samsung planning any other major update for note 3.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    xumit 

Default Re: Samsung galaxy Note 3 issues after kitkat 4.4.2 update in India

Dude I am here in america with the EXACT same problems as you

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

What else can be expected from Samsung...

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk

Shut up Xumit or i'll report you for trolling

Verizon hasn't released KitKat yet and I'm really starting to understand why. I might just pass on this KitKat update, it seems that the update does more harm than good. My Verizon Note3 is working GREAT with none of the problems I keep reading about with the KitKat update installed.
    tonyr6 and Evilguppy like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

If you have not factory reset the phone post update... I'm not sure you can really call those issues.

Everyone I know with one who reset it has no issues. That is what I tell everyone I know to do with their devices post update.

It's the Android way.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Factory reset didn't do crap for me and my Note 3.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Hey Rakesh

Do let me know if you are able to fix this since I had factory reset post the kitkat update...worked fine for a week and started blacking out again during unlock. Have also applied the 25 mb patch.

Thanks

Jyotil
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Quote Originally Posted by xumit View Post
    What else can be expected from Samsung...

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk
    Has nothing to do with Samsung, so get off that bandwagon.

Has your G2 gotten the 4.4.2 update?

There are major bugs in the core Android distribution that have made it to OEM devices - not just Samsung. HTC and Motorola users are also complaining about the battery drain introduced by bugs like this one: http://phandroid.com/2014/03/10/andr...ery-drain-bug/
    pcguys likes this.

Unhappy Re: Samsung galaxy Note 3 issues after kitkat 4.4.2 update in India

Samsung galaxy Note 3 issues after kitkat 4.4.2 update in India-screenshot_2014-03-27-15-22-14.jpg

Here is my problem.... Anyone? This is ofc after the kitkat upgrade.
    Battery drained halv day without use.

Edit: Found ut that it was Skype that drained my battery WAY faster then normal. Unintalled it and now the phone battery works like a charm.
    Last edited by Thomas Stange; 03-27-2014 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Found a solution

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    Verizon hasn't released KitKat yet and I'm really starting to understand why. I might just pass on this KitKat update, it seems that the update does more harm than good. My Verizon Note3 is working GREAT with none of the problems I keep reading about with the KitKat update installed.
    that's exactly how I feel. If it ain't broken, don't fix it. I get the feeling that most Androids work great with the software they're shipped out with but somehow updates always seem to throw a wrench in the wheels. I've had that issue with several devices before, I don't think I want to make the same mistake this time.
    Thanked by:
    pcguys likes this.

hi rakesh , i had same problem with my SN3 . my SN3 battery gets drain very fast within a hour it goes 100 % to 25 % . on internet i found solution . first upon i do the factory reset . then i unmounted sd card . then uninstall all 3rd party apps . then i disable google plus which eats more than 50 % battery . i also disable gps , and many other built apps which we never use . then reboot the device and now i am getting battery life more than 12 hours .

I too getting similar problem since Feb i.e. after update to 4.4.2.. More than 3 times visited service centre. I am using NOTE 3 with S view cover. .Every time service centre has reset . s/w updated.. Till now no solution found. Now I have requested to downgrade to 4.3. Hope problem will be resolved.. Not sure how the Samsung not able to find the resolution of this problem.. I am having now very negative opinion about Samsung Note 3.. May be should have brought Iphone..

hi friend , is der any problem for sd card storage?

Hi
    I too was facing problem, after many visit to service centre finally I asked to downgrade to 4.3, which they agree..... Now my phone is working very smooth with applications and all hanging problem are gone.. After downgrade though my MAC address been changed ( may be they changed motherboard..).
    I suggest that you also downgrade your OS to 4.3..till samsung really finds solution..
    Also do not forget to uncheck auto-update software option ....
    More can be read at
    Samsung admits KitKat on Galaxy Note 3 broke third-party accessories, working on fix | SamMobile

After upgrade to KitKat (through official AT&T process) I know have the following problems:
    1- Battery is consumed supper fast! and the culprit is Google+ according to battery indicator.
    2- Some software installs take forever...... and sometimes fail altogether.
    Anyone found a solution which does not involve SET YOUR PHONE BACK TO ZERO....(serious what kind of answer is that? Might as well be...BUY A NEW PHONE)

Carlos
    tonyr6 likes this.

I am with the same problem down here in Nigeria. I have not seen the patch they promised that will correct this, I hope someone out there can give me any link to assist. I can't even unlock the phone to make any call and is just there "black-out" with LED blinking.

Guys after updating my note 3 from 4.3 to 4.4.2 my battery is getting drained very soon I even did factory reset..but no solution ,android os uses most of the battery power. ..plzzzz some help me I hope Samsung does something. ..to this problem

I have a new Note3 that I bought in Feb. I was really happy with the phone until I bought the S-view and upgraded to 4.4.2. I did these nearly at the same time, upgraded the phone and very soon got the S-view. Then I had the same issues, not being able to unlock the phone, battery issues (100% in the morning and at 2pm it's 10%) even I could not answer the calls because the phone was ringing but the screen stays dark and wont let me answer.

Apparently there is a problem with S-view (or maybe any accessory - I dont know) in 4.4.2. If you have the same, remove the S-view and do a factory reset and the phone is back to normal, but dont use the S-view until a fix is provided because if you continue using it, you'll have the same issue in 1 week or 10days...

I'm using the Note 3 (AT&T), and I too have been having issues post 4.4.2 update. Screen blackout/can't unlock, messages taking way to long to send, message notifications not going away after viewing, overall wayyyy slower speed for pretty much everything (wtf).

So the only solutions are?:
    1) go to service center and have them return u to 4.3
    2) factory reset (will I lose all photos, videos from gallery?)
    3) something about rooting my so card (can someone explain what that actual means/explain why your doing it)
    4) wait for Samsung to fix it?

This update is garbage. Love my note 3 but what's with this broken OS/update whatever it is? Why in the world has samsung not even acknowledged this problem?

I've been going through the forums and I'm a little concerned. I've actually got a Note 3 coming in the mail Saturday, I'm currently using a Blackberry Q10. My question, the problems people are experiencing is it the phone or just the OS? Sorry I'm new to android.

So I managed to find a number for Samsung mobile device support:
    1 888-987-4357
    and gave them a call.

For the screen blacking out and getting locked and not being able to unlock it for awhile:
    ♡Go to: settings> General(far right tab at top)>application manager> scroll over to ALL> scroll down to touch wiz home> clear data

$$ this fixed the problem for me. You might have to reset up your pages/wherever you want your apps but again THIS FIXED MY LOCK/SCREEN BLACK OUT ISSUE

For the Messaging/Notification Issues I was having:
    ♤Settings>General> application manager> All> Messaging > Clear Data

$$This also resolved the Messaging and message notification issues I was having.

Deductive reasoning would suggest: whatever app your having an issue with (whether it be notification or performance issues), go to the application manager and clear the data for that app.
    If you're not sure what app the issue is related to, call the Samsung mobile device support line: 1-888-987-4357 ,
    tell them your problem and they should be able to help you out.

I'm using a Note 3. The charger my phone came with stopped working properly; I have to put pressure on the male part of the charger that goes into the phone at an angle, and keep it like that, to get it to continue charging.
    They sent me a new charger for free, just have to send back the stock ****ty/broken one and they take care of the return shipping you don't have to pay to ship your broken one back to them.

The guy I talked to at the Samsung mobile device support (via phone call) said that the only other way to fix the issues people are having with 4.4.2, is to either:
    a) factory reset/restore
    OR
    b) something about flashing apps or software or something. I don't know what that is but apparently it could work and they will walk you through it on the phone I believe.

If you want to do a factory restore/reset but don't want to lose all your photos, videos, etc. , you can go to Kies and backup everything there.

The guy I talked to from Samsung mobile device support was very helpful and it didn't take long at all to get through to a real person. Start to finish I was on the phone for 30 minutes

If you're having issues I suggest calling the Samsung mobile device support. Again, the number is 1-888-987-4357

Hope this helps erbody!