kit-kat, two fingers!

cwj73

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Absolutly shockingly crap!!!
After update, the battery ticked down like a stop watch, 1% per sec. Eventually managed to get enough charge to counter the deathly slow lag and factory reset. There was no way the phone would back-up. I've bought this phone to improve performance during my day to day. Not going to sit waitinv for backups!
Over 1000 photos lost due to encrypted sdcard. Yes, if you factReset, it looses the encryption key!
Cant watch netflix through allshare dongle anymore! They've replaced the allshare app with a built in screenshare quicklink, that also quickly unlinks. When it does eventually connect, the audio doesn't sync with the video.
My private messages were shown on the lockscreen in full!
New email looks like something from windows 3.1
Internet pages freeze and majority of apps crash.
Luckily, I'm due upgrade in a couple of months! Looks like this afair with smartphones is becoming more like a forced marriage. I hate iphones, but looks like I'll be playing away very soon!!!
If you have Samsungs GS3, do not update to 4.4. It's obviously a ploy to encourage use to upgrade to GS5. Whether it is or not, the functionality just isn't the same, so I'll not be swiping my finger... more like raising two to kit-kat...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Kit Kat on 3 devices in the house. None having issues
How long till your upgrade?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

GerryR

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
If you buy a Google Nexus tablet/phone, all Android upgrades are free. The five inch phone is extremely good and well worth the relatively low price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca