Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default KitKat Glitches?

Hello All!

I've been using KitKat "Android 4.4.2" for a few days and it is nothing but glitches. it's over heating my phone it's draining my battery, everything has lag now. the keyboard keeps messing up. like when typing a web address in chrome it'll double the first letter per example "Ggolivewire.com" so I have to keep fighting that.
    Also on the FB app it takes a good 6-10 seconds to open now when it never did before. and if I'm typing in chat while someone else is, it'll lag and than do something like this "how's... it it going it going today"

It's really getting annoying. they speak of another update to come in the following days. but I wondered if anyone else is having these problems with KitKat on their phone?

Also another thing that really bothered me was only about 2 of the new features made it to the distribution of KitKat from AT&T wireless. they cut a bunch of the new features out.

It is my understanding there is a glitch between skype and 4.4.2 that makes the camera always active, this is rather alarming as it has already been released from microsoft themselves they do infact use skype to spy on people,

Default Re: KitKat Glitches?

Welcome to Android Central! That sound pretty frustrating. What device do you have? If it's possible, I'd suggest wiping the system cache partition (which doesn't erase any personal data), but first, I'd need to know what device it is.

I have the same problem. I installed a keyboard app so that I can use chrome, but I wish I have jelly beans again :-(

Galaxy s4....Sweden

Global Posts
    800 Global Posts

I have the same issue with it doubling phrases once in a while, and I've factory reset my phone twice now due to other problems. I thought it was just my phone and it only does it to me when it auto corrects a phrase....and if the auto correct is wrong, it usually spits it out twice without me typing it. Has me going "what the hell?"

Posted via Android Central App
    Studies were done extensively, but have concluded that yes, the bird is the word.