Updating to Kitkat on phone from different Carrier

jasonz9238

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I have a small issue that hopefully I can get some help on. I bought a HTC one unlocked phone from ebay recently. This is originally an att phone but now I am using it on the t-mobile network. I know that both ATT/Tmobile are rolling out the kitkat update. I haven't been able to receive any updates and Tmobile refers me to HTC which refers me to ATT so I've gone in a circle and can't seem to get a clear answer. Can anyone provide any clarification? do I need to wait for tmobile or att to roll out the update for this phone or will I have trouble getting the update as I'm on a different network?

thanks!

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have a small issue that hopefully I can get some help on. I bought a HTC one unlocked phone from ebay recently. This is originally an att phone but now I am using it on the t-mobile network. I know that both ATT/Tmobile are rolling out the kitkat update. I haven't been able to receive any updates and Tmobile refers me to HTC which refers me to ATT so I've gone in a circle and can't seem to get a clear answer. Can anyone provide any clarification? do I need to wait for tmobile or att to roll out the update for this phone or will I have trouble getting the update as I'm on a different network?

thanks!

hmm... get an prepaid AT&T SIM and try OTA update.
Or do it manually - get kitkat RUU and flash it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC