Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Updating to Kitkat on phone from different Carrier

Hi

I have a small issue that hopefully I can get some help on. I bought a HTC one unlocked phone from ebay recently. This is originally an att phone but now I am using it on the t-mobile network. I know that both ATT/Tmobile are rolling out the kitkat update. I haven't been able to receive any updates and Tmobile refers me to HTC which refers me to ATT so I've gone in a circle and can't seem to get a clear answer. Can anyone provide any clarification? do I need to wait for tmobile or att to roll out the update for this phone or will I have trouble getting the update as I'm on a different network?

thanks!

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Default Re: Updating to Kitkat on phone from different Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by jasonz9238 View Post
    Hi

I have a small issue that hopefully I can get some help on. I bought a HTC one unlocked phone from ebay recently. This is originally an att phone but now I am using it on the t-mobile network. I know that both ATT/Tmobile are rolling out the kitkat update. I haven't been able to receive any updates and Tmobile refers me to HTC which refers me to ATT so I've gone in a circle and can't seem to get a clear answer. Can anyone provide any clarification? do I need to wait for tmobile or att to roll out the update for this phone or will I have trouble getting the update as I'm on a different network?

thanks!
    hmm... get an prepaid AT&T SIM and try OTA update.
    Or do it manually - get kitkat RUU and flash it.
    Current Devices : Motorola G 16GB
    Past devices :Sony Xperia SP C5303 LTE,S3 GT-I9305,S4 mini GT-I9195, N7100,HTC One (M7),Galaxy S3, HTC One S, HTC One X (S720e), Nexus Prime - HTC Pyramid - Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S II - HTC Desire S - HTC Desire HD - HTC Desire Z - HTC HD2 - HTC Topaz - HTC Touch HD - HTC Touch Pro - HTC Diamond.