Photos app that links to Google+

longtime44

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
My question/concern is? does the photos app automatically upload my photos to Google+ so that the public can see them? Because I don't use Google+ nor do I want to for my social media. That being said, I've played around with Google+ before and when I clicked the photos link it showed all of my pictures on my phone in the gallery for Google+. So my real question is, I don't want some pictures that I have in my gallery to be uploaded to Google+ for the world to see. Is this what is happening to my pictures? I hope my question/concern makes sense.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Google Settings>Google+>Auto Backup, and turn the switch off. Any photos that you take on your phone will show up in the Photos app, but it will show photos from both your Camera and your cloud albums as well. If you swipe in from the left and tap Folders, you can see the photos divided into their separate folders for Camera and any other local folders (like Screenshots), as well as any cloud folders. This doesn't mean that your locally stored photos are on Google+.

If you do upload photos to your Google+ Photo albums and you don't want to share it with anyone, just enter your own name as the person to share with.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want to use Google+, then save space and RAM on your phone by uninstalling all the updates and use OneDrive's tiny app to backup your photos.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781