Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 10 bricked after 4.4.2 update!!! 4 circles screen

I finally updated my nexus after seeing it in my notification column. All seemed okay so let it get on with it.But when I thought it was ready I cannot get further than the four moving coloured circles. I have tried to factory reset and delete cache but has made no changes. I have been in contact with google play who now say there is no more actions that can be done so will need replacement. Very disappointing so will have to send it back But was asked have I got it wet or dropped it? Which i am sure has not happened but get the feeling when they get it back will that as an excuse not to replace!
    So is there anything else I can do? cheers Andy

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Nexus 10 bricked after 4.4.2 update!!! 4 circles screen

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Cooper View Post
    I finally updated my nexus after seeing it in my notification column. All seemed okay so let it get on with it.But when I thought it was ready I cannot get further than the four moving coloured circles. I have tried to factory reset and delete cache but has made no changes. I have been in contact with google play who now say there is no more actions that can be done so will need replacement. Very disappointing so will have to send it back But was asked have I got it wet or dropped it? Which i am sure has not happened but get the feeling when they get it back will that as an excuse not to replace!
    So is there anything else I can do? cheers Andy
    Have you considered installing the factory image? It's not too difficult, but does require a general understanding of using the computers command line and have the Android SDK installed. Since you are seeing the boot animation the device isn't bricked - it's actually very hard to brick a Nexus.

Nexus 10 Factory Images: https://developers.google.com/androi...mages#mantaray

I did not find a guide to restore factory images for the Nexus 10 here on Android Central. Google's support page provides a basic overview: https://source.android.com/source/building-devices.html.