Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android v4.4 Kit Kat how to change language setting to Japanese, Unable accessing GooglePlay Japan s

I live in Japan and recently purchased Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 recently from Hong Kong. There are many languages that are supported however Japanese is missing. I am currently using it set at English mode. Can someone help me with following?

1) Is there a utility that I can change language setting to Japanese? I tried several apps from US GooglePlay store including MoreLocal 2 however it appears there were some changes made by Google and language settings cannot be changed using such utilities.

I have no problem inputting and reading Japanese since I have downloaded Japanese input editor.

2) Because I am unable to set my language to Japanese, I have set the language to English and the system seems to assume I live in US. The problem is, I am only able to access GooglePlay store in US only. I am unable to access GooglePlay Japan site. Can someone tell me what I need to do in order to access GooglePlay Japan site?

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Question Re: Android v4.4 Kit Kat how to change language setting to Japanese, Unable accessing GooglePlay Jap

Quote Originally Posted by snoma01 View Post
    I live in Japan and recently purchased Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 recently from Hong Kong. There are many languages that are supported however Japanese is missing. I am currently using it set at English mode. Can someone help me with following?

1) Is there a utility that I can change language setting to Japanese? I tried several apps from US GooglePlay store including MoreLocal 2 however it appears there were some changes made by Google and language settings cannot be changed using such utilities.

I have no problem inputting and reading Japanese since I have downloaded Japanese input editor.

2) Because I am unable to set my language to Japanese, I have set the language to English and the system seems to assume I live in US. The problem is, I am only able to access GooglePlay store in US only. I am unable to access GooglePlay Japan site. Can someone tell me what I need to do in order to access GooglePlay Japan site?
    Try flash japanese ROM ? I checked here Firmware archive | Samsung Updates , but doesn't seem to have japanese localisation. Try some korean ROM, it may contain japanese language...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Android v4.4 Kit Kat how to change language setting to Japanese, Unable accessing GooglePlay Jap

thank you for your comments.

I do not know what the flash rom is.

I have given up, thank you.

snoma01

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Default Re: Android v4.4 Kit Kat how to change language setting to Japanese, Unable accessing GooglePlay Jap

Quote Originally Posted by snoma01 View Post
    thank you for your comments.

I do not know what the flash rom is.

I have given up, thank you.

snoma01
    Use Search next time...
    Here are steps for Samsung http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-via-odin.html