Hangouts & SMS. 1 person, 2 conersations?

lucky87ad

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a nexus 5 and my girlfriend has a moto x. When she does "Ok google now, send text to Alex" and sends a text that way I get a SMS message in my hangouts inbox. But she also can send a text with hangouts and I have 2 seperate conversations going on with her at the same time and its really annoying. If Hangouts is the default, and ONLY messaging app on both of our phones, why does this happen? I thought Hangouts was the text/video/etc all in one thing. I've posted on G+ pages but couldn't get much back from anybody. Also when I send start a new hangout with somebody from my contacts, it automatically labels it an SMS message. I don't know if its because they dont have some sort of Gmail account linked up with their phone or they dont have a picture/profile set up or what. If anybody can shed some light on this for me it's just so annoying to have 2 simultaneous conversations going on with the same person. Thanks

Jab73180

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Basically, hangouts is web based, hangouts SMS is cellular based. It would be better if there was a combined view, but I don't think it is possible right now.

-Jason