Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Downloads not showing up - Nexus 4 / Kitkat

Hi,

I have a new (replacement) Nexus 4 and for some reason my Download folder isn't showing up some files. It shows a jpg but not the three pdfs 've just downloaded. When I look through ES File Explorer they are there, but they do not show in Downloads app.

Any ideas as what I can do?

Thank you loads!

Default Re: Downloads not showing up - Nexus 4 / Kitkat

Welcome to Android Central! How did you download the PDFs? Did you download using the browser, or did you transfer files into the Download folder using a file explorer? I think that if you do the latter, those files won't show up if you open the Downloads app, because it relies on the Download Manager to know what files are there. The Download Manager won't know that you moved a file to the Download folder instead of downloading it from the web.

The other question would be if you used certain 3rd party browsers to download the PDFs, because I think some browsers have their own download folder.

Also, keep in mind that downloads from a while ago might not show up on the initial screen--you might need to select the option to show older downloads.