Galaxy S4: KitKat Micro SD Deleting Problem after Update

Ur_Face2014

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
So I just updated my Galaxy S4 the other day and now for some reason I can't delete any files off my 32gb Micro SD card. I have tried to delete pictures and file folders from 3 different apps and all of them say that they can't. I checked the details on the Micro SD and it is readable and writeable, I restarted my phone, turned it off and took out the Micro SD and battery then turned back on and put Micro SD back, I even told it to unmount and then mount Micro SD and yet I still can't delete anything on the SD card from my phone. I have plugged it into my computer and was able to delete stuff there so I don't know why it is doing this, please help. Thank you.

Also the apps I used are QuickPic, ES File Explorer, and X-plore.

careplus

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
After update to kitkat 4.4.2 (galaxy s4) my SD card back to normal after I installed
"foldermount" free from google market.
At least with windows update , you can pay for the update to fix the error , but with samsung you can not do that!!!

Care

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
So I just updated my Galaxy S4 the other day and now for some reason I can't delete any files off my 32gb Micro SD card. I have tried to delete pictures and file folders from 3 different apps and all of them say that they can't. I checked the details on the Micro SD and it is readable and writeable, I restarted my phone, turned it off and took out the Micro SD and battery then turned back on and put Micro SD back, I even told it to unmount and then mount Micro SD and yet I still can't delete anything on the SD card from my phone. I have plugged it into my computer and was able to delete stuff there so I don't know why it is doing this, please help. Thank you.

Also the apps I used are QuickPic, ES File Explorer, and X-plore.

Use the NATIVE file manager--it should work. KitKat limits SD card access in various ways by 3rd party apps. Some have been updated and work better than others, but some things aren't coming back. It's a feature, not a bug. (It's a widely detested feature, to be sure, but ...)

Irisheagle

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Are there any apps like that for non rooted phones? Also is it possible to restore my phone back to before this hellish update?
Actually File Expert gives you the ability that the update took away.
mine updated yesterday and today i have to copy,paste and delete a folder.
couldn't with IO file manager or wifi file explorer but File expert did it flawlessly.

wild1180

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same "can't edit/delete external SD card files" issue. Strange... the browser can write files there! But no apps so far will delete them after KitKat melted all over my device. I downloaded File Expert and it pops up a notice immediately saying it didn't have write access to the SD card... I need to wait for an update. Oh well.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same "can't edit/delete external SD card files" issue. Strange... the browser can write files there! But no apps so far will delete them after KitKat melted all over my device.

Yes, that's what KitKat did--intentionally.

If you are using Samsung, use the native file manager app included. It will solve all problems.

I hear varying reports of what other file manager apps work or not--try some. In this thread, people were recommending ES File Explorer:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-4-4-kitkat/374479-permission-denied-sd-card.html

--but another solution is always to hook the device up to the computer with the sync cable and use your computer's File Explorer. That will work fine, too.

Country_Gravy

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
The native file manager doesn't work. I renamed a folder on my sdcard to be hidden and everything in it can't be touched. I also can't rename the folder to take the "." off the front of it. I have tried 5 other file managers, rooted the phone, and used a kitkat fix from the play store.
Nothing works

Thanks, Obama Google

And plugging it into the computer doesn't show hidden folders and trying to delete anything says it is write protected.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084