Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tanksta1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Xperia Z1: Major battery drain issue since updating to KitKat

Hey guys, please can someone help me. My sony xperia z1 is pretty much damned with the latest kitkat update! I recieved the prompt to update 2 days ago so i thought why not! Before the update my phone was perfect but now my battery drains at around 20% an hour ON STANDBY even with the battery saving aids on! Before the update my battery would still have 30% at the end of the day even with me using it a lot. I have something called 'mediaserver' and 'media' constantly running now and uses very high percentages of my battery life.
    Not only that but 'walkman' can not see any music on my sd card, photo album can not see any pictures on my sd card and 'movies' can not see any videos on my sd card YET other apps can see them fine.
    This is extremely frustrating as i pretty much cant use my phone! Battery lasting for about 5 hours without even touching it.
    tonyr6 likes this.

Default Re: please help, major battery drain issue since updating to kitkat

Your issues are pretty well documented and known with the KitKat update. Only advice I can think of is maybe factory reset. There were changes made to SD cards, You may want to read up on that..It mayor may not play a role into some of your issues. Again, A factory reset is probably what I would do.

One can only hope that Google pushes out a fix as these issues are pretty widespread.

Default Re: Xperia Z1: Major battery drain issue since updating to KitKat

Hey,
    have you found any help with this? My phone has all the exact same issues now and it's killing me. The phone dies faster than it recharges if i use it while charging. Used to be able to do this all the time before the update. Really need this sorted now.

Default Re: please help, major battery drain issue since updating to kitkat

Quote Originally Posted by Larzukzek View Post
    Your issues are pretty well documented and known with the KitKat update
    One can only hope that Google pushes out a fix as these issues are pretty widespread.
    Yet Google still pushes this horrible buggy 4.4.2 update to other devices. Really a common severe bug like battery drain yet 4.4.2 is still pushed. Come on Google release 4.4.3 now because no one wants to keep rebooting there phone every other day because of some wavelock bug draining the battery.
    ASUS Nexus 7 Tablet (2013) - Stock Android 5.0.1 on WiFi.
    LG Nexus 5 Phone (2013) - Stock Android 5.0.1 on T-Mobile LTE and WiFi.
    Cats are the best pets.