Bell Canada Note 3: Can I return to back to stock Jelly Bean 4.3 after an OTA 4.2.2 KitKat Update ?

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a Note 3 Bell Canada and have not touched it at all other than the OTA update from 4.3 JB to KK 4.2.2. I of course read the woes and pro's of KK 4.2.2 after I did the update!! grin! and do not like the restricted access to my SD card folder creation file transfers etc and want to go back to JB. "A", can I go back with Odin and a stock Bell JB for the note 3, and have it all back like I did before the update...."B" What about my trip counter etc? Will that be effected?:) Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by a moderator:

FasterEd

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
That's my question as well. KitKat crippled some of the phone's features as you mention, the very functions that drew me to the phone in the first place.:p

Isc73

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Not questioning that it didn't, but what features? Just asking because I've only been enjoying my phone more

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Automatic Call Recorder for one. Recorded all call in and out without even thinking of it. Actually never forgot anything from a phone call. Now it records a terrible noise. Kit Kat does not have a file or two that Jelly Bean did support......also try creating a folder on your SDcard? Can't do kit kat also does not like you writing to external storage!!! Programs can no longer write data to SD card!! I'll go back to Jelly 4.3 if I get all these back!! I have stock ROMS of Bell Jelly 4.3 as well as kitkat 4.4.2 if I ever wanna go back to kit kat. Just waiting to see if it's ok for flash stock Rom back to JB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress