Galaxy S4 not vibrating when I receive a message

Jessica Simons

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I just downloaded the new 4.4.2 software.. If I have a conversation open (in the stock messaging app) my phone won't vibrate if that person texts me. I have to constantly exit every time. Anyone know how to help?

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: s4 not vibrating when I receive a message

I just downloaded the new 4.4.2 software.. If I have a conversation open (in the stock messaging app) my phone won't vibrate if that person texts me. I have to constantly exit every time. Anyone know how to help?

Go to system settings > sounds and make sure that Vibrate is enabled. Also, be sure to check that Vibrate is enabled for the messaging app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Jessica Simons

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

I have all of that enabled, I even enabled my two minute warning. It vibrates normally, but if I'm charging my phone my screen doesn't shut off (thats happened ever since I got the phone) and I tend to leave my conversations open and if that person texts me it won't vibrate.

vaggelisp17

May 11, 2015
Visit site

I have all of that enabled, I even enabled my two minute warning. It vibrates normally, but if I'm charging my phone my screen doesn't shut off (thats happened ever since I got the phone) and I tend to leave my conversations open and if that person texts me it won't vibrate.
Did you find any solution to this problem because my own mobile do the same.

milo williamson

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

Try light flow lite, it really helps out in dealing with different text messages and everything else under the hood, check on google plus Jessica.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34