Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 not vibrating when I receive a message

I just downloaded the new 4.4.2 software.. If I have a conversation open (in the stock messaging app) my phone won't vibrate if that person texts me. I have to constantly exit every time. Anyone know how to help?

Global Posts
    13,296 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: s4 not vibrating when I receive a message

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Simons View Post
    I just downloaded the new 4.4.2 software.. If I have a conversation open (in the stock messaging app) my phone won't vibrate if that person texts me. I have to constantly exit every time. Anyone know how to help?
    Go to system settings > sounds and make sure that Vibrate is enabled. Also, be sure to check that Vibrate is enabled for the messaging app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have all of that enabled, I even enabled my two minute warning. It vibrates normally, but if I'm charging my phone my screen doesn't shut off (thats happened ever since I got the phone) and I tend to leave my conversations open and if that person texts me it won't vibrate.

Did you find any solution to this problem because my own mobile do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Simons View Post
    I have all of that enabled, I even enabled my two minute warning. It vibrates normally, but if I'm charging my phone my screen doesn't shut off (thats happened ever since I got the phone) and I tend to leave my conversations open and if that person texts me it won't vibrate.
    Did you find any solution to this problem because my own mobile do the same.

Try light flow lite, it really helps out in dealing with different text messages and everything else under the hood, check on google plus Jessica.