Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Madd54
  • 4 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 2 Post By wizzrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Don't panic !

This may already have been covered, but: - -

Could experienced Moderators and Ambassadors write a piece about possible or probable initial large Android OS use and battery drain in the day after updating. This is accepted by more experienced people than myself as a normal settling in period. This way we can refer any new posts on this to an article or link.
    There have been many such queries in most forums.
    This time is now approaching, or has just passed, the peak for KitKat availability.
    One can also offer extra non-drastic advice for a user that so chooses - rebooting with a battery, sim and sd card pull, and recovery cache clearance. SD card copy and re-format for heavier issues.

This way posters can help with other real longer term issues people have been unlucky enough to experience.

And could the recommendation to root a stock users phone be discouraged unless there seems to be no other option in a particular case, and then with a reference to a hold your hand guide and a direct line/master thread for extra individual help when they get unstuck.

I write this from a high perch of self-absorbed smugness as my 2 week update went very well. I did sod all! Surely later firmwares are better.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    Last edited by Madd54; 03-30-2014 at 11:48 AM.
    I know nothing.
    wizzrah and UJ95x like this.

Global Posts
    19,253 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Don't panic !

I think I can speak for the senior staff that we will surely take this request under consideration.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    VDub2174, wizzrah, UJ95x and 1 others like this.

Global Posts
    3,975 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

I volunteer as tribute! Lol :')

Good subject to talk about.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Golfdriver97 and Madd54 like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks. Maybe unnecessary, or you may have a simpler idea. I know Jerry Hildenbrand wrote a good balanced article about the SD card issue on KitKat.
    Whatever you guys think is cool with me.
    The 'panic' may settle down by itself. Cheers.
    Last edited by Madd54; 03-30-2014 at 06:43 PM.
    I know nothing.