Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Separate individual ringtones

Hello, I am new to Android. We just converted from iPhones to the HTC ONE M8. So far my only question is this. How do I go about assigning a different tone to a contacts different contact methods? Like ringtone 1 for a call, notification 2 for text, ringtone 4 for email. Is there a decent third party app that would that? Is there even a way to assign different ringtones for different contacts in general?

Thank you for you help

Global Posts
    31,310 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Separate individual ringtones

Quote Originally Posted by billybaldin View Post
    Hello, I am new to Android. We just converted from iPhones to the HTC ONE M8. So far my only question is this. How do I go about assigning a different tone to a contacts different contact methods? Like ringtone 1 for a call, notification 2 for text, ringtone 4 for email. Is there a decent third party app that would that? Is there even a way to assign different ringtones for different contacts in general?

Thank you for you help
    Welcome to the forums and Android.

Go into the messaging app and click settings. You should find Notification tones probably about halfway down the page.
    Email should be the same thing (at least Gmail is; you need to look at you actual gmail for notifications). In app settings are probably going to give you this option for almost all email apps.