Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android file manager shows up for no reason with Lehighvalleylive app

Using my Google Nexus 10 tablet with android version 4.4.2 my local newspaper app is Lehighvalleylive. I can open the app, but lately when I select an article to read it goes to an android file manager screen: /storage/emulated/0 (25) and lists all of my files first. If I tap the back arrow a few times, I get the story. It does this every time and I am clueless what to do about it. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it but still no good. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Global Posts
    4,560 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Default Re: Android file manager shows up for no reason with Lehighvalleylive app

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyErnie View Post
    Using my Google Nexus 10 tablet with android version 4.4.2 my local newspaper app is Lehighvalleylive. I can open the app, but lately when I select an article to read it goes to an android file manager screen: /storage/emulated/0 (25) and lists all of my files first. If I tap the back arrow a few times, I get the story. It does this every time and I am clueless what to do about it. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it but still no good. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It might be the app itself. Have you tried it on other devices?

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: Android file manager shows up for no reason with Lehighvalleylive app

Welcome to Android Central! There are other similar complaints in reviews on its Google Play app page. I'd suggest contacting the developer, but they don't give a contact email on the app page. You probably have to contact them here: Contact Us at lehighvalleylive.com: Lehigh Valley Real-Time News, Information and Community with The Express-Times
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It works properly on my wife's tablet which is identical to mine.

You could try going to Settings>Apps, selecting that app, and clearing the cache and data. Then try again.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I cleared cache and data and it stiull fails. The confusing part is that on occasion it will work once or twice then right back to file manager