Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Audio notifications from stock Email App

I'm running KitKat (4.4.2) on a MotoX, and I use the stock Email app for a work account. When the phone is locked with all notifications cleared, the first new email to arrives causes the notification sound to play- but no additional sounds play when more new emails arrive if I don't unlock the phone and clear the first one. Is this normal behavior for this app now? I would really like to find a way to get an audible alert for all new Emails like I used to get on my old Android 2.X phone. Thanks!

Global Posts
    8,432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Audio notifications from stock Email App

Quote Originally Posted by MobilrolaX View Post
    I'm running KitKat (4.4.2) on a MotoX, and I use the stock Email app for a work account. When the phone is locked with all notifications cleared, the first new email to arrives causes the notification sound to play- but no additional sounds play when more new emails arrive if I don't unlock the phone and clear the first one. Is this normal behavior for this app now? I would really like to find a way to get an audible alert for all new Emails like I used to get on my old Android 2.X phone. Thanks!
    I use the Gmail app and receive an email notification for every email that comes through. You should look through the settings and make sure there isn't something that shouldn't be enabled (or disabled) within the app.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Audio notifications from stock Email App

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    I use the Gmail app and receive an email notification for every email that comes through. You should look through the settings and make sure there isn't something that shouldn't be enabled (or disabled) within the app.
    Thanks- Yes, I have that setting for Gmail and my Gmail App also works with a notification of every message. Unfortunately, there seems to be no such setting on the stock Email app... so I can only assume that it's not possible.

Does anyone else have an email client working with audio notifications for every new message? K9 Mail perhaps?