How to customize notification pull down bar

twfry

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to add common system setting into the notification pull down menu?

On my old Samsung Galaxy S3, when you swipe down from the top of the screen and pull down notifications, at the top above notifications are buttons for common system settings to access (in order they are: Wi-Fi, GPS, Sound, Rotation, Bluetooth, Smart Stay, Airplane Mode, Power Saving, Hands-free mode, Screen Mirroring)

This was very useful because was easy to quickly access key functions. For example "1) swipe down and 2) press WiFi to turn on/off" or "1) swipe down and 2) press GPS to turn location on/off".

On my new Nexus 5 this functionality does not exist. When you swipe down to see notifications, key system buttons are not present. Instead there is a single system button in the upper right corner which you need to press to for common system settings (Brightness, Settings, WiFi, Mobile [ATT/Verizon], Battery, Airplane Mode, Bluetooth, Location)

This means to access common system settings requires an extra step. For example "1) swipe down, 2) press system button and 3) press WiFi to access WiFi page"

Is there a way to put these common system setting into the notification pull down menu?

Thank you!!!

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I used Widgetsoid on my Gnex to make a custom row of toggles on the pull down shade. Worked perfectly. In the Play Store.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
As said above there is quite a few apps that replicate that functionality. Can't remember them off the top of my head though, I prefer Google's implentation, Samsungs I always thought it was ugly.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I use Settings Extended app for this. It's very customizable and looks snazzy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
that doesn't seem to be what the OP is looking for.

Actually, it is ...

On my old Samsung Galaxy S3, when you swipe down from the top of the screen and pull down notifications, at the top above notifications are buttons for common system settings to access (in order they are: Wi-Fi, GPS, Sound, Rotation, Bluetooth, Smart Stay, Airplane Mode, Power Saving, Hands-free mode, Screen Mirroring)

This was very useful because was easy to quickly access key functions. For example "1) swipe down and 2) press WiFi to turn on/off" or "1) swipe down and 2) press GPS to turn location on/off".

What the OP was describing is Samsung's version of the Quick Settings. I didn't catch that at first, which is why I suggested Power Toggles. The two finger swipe-down is the way to bring up Quick Settings on the Nexus 5 (that, or press the toggle button at the upper right when the Notification Shade is drawn down).

gingersnapgirl

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Actually, it is ...

What the OP was describing is Samsung's version of the Quick Settings. I didn't catch that at first, which is why I suggested Power Toggles. The two finger swipe-down is the way to bring up Quick Settings on the Nexus 5 (that, or press the toggle button at the upper right when the Notification Shade is drawn down).

Going to have to disagree with you - he (she?) mentioned that it was on the notifications pull down. He (or she) also asked: "Is there a way to put these common system setting into the notification pull down menu?" - Quick Settings is not the same thing. It still adds an extra step, since it only takes you into the settings where you then have to enable/disable the setting you're looking for. Notification Toggle (and I assume Power Toggles) puts the toggles directly on the pull down so it's just two taps, not 3-4.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Going to have to disagree with you - he (she?) mentioned that it was on the notifications pull down. He (or she) also asked: "Is there a way to put these common system setting into the notification pull down menu?" - Quick Settings is not the same thing. It still adds an extra step, since it only takes you into the settings where you then have to enable/disable the setting you're looking for. Notification Toggle (and I assume Power Toggles) puts the toggles directly on the pull down so it's just two taps, not 3-4.

I guess I was just interpreting it differently. I will point out, though, that on the Nexus 5 Quick Settings, you can long press most of the buttons to act as a toggle. But I still prefer Power Toggles.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Harasan

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Customising quick settings from the Notification panel: for Xperia T LT30p android 4.3

You can customise quick settings from the Notification panel by selecting the quick
settings you want, and rearranging their order. You can select up to 10 quick
settings, or you can also select none of them.

To select quick settings from the Notification panel

1 Drag the status bar downwards, then tap .
2 Find and tap Display> Quick settings.
3 Select the quick settings you want.

To rearrange the quick settings from the Notification panel

1 Drag the status bar downwards, then tap .
2 Find and tap Display> Quick settings.
3 Touch and hold beside a quick setting, then move it to the desired position.

Prajwal Sharma

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey I am not getting any type of notifications in my sony experia C i.e., no message notifications,no app notifications in my notification bar......
how to enable it back....

Rosetta Wang

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
(For Nexus Phones) Hold down the settings button on top of the quick toggle bar to unlock the option of "System UI Tuner" on the bottom of the settings. Then click " Quick Settings" to edit the quick toggle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith