- 13 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Couple of Questions / Issues with Kit Kat
I haven't been here in awhile and my site searches weren't effective enough to provide the answers I'm looking for so here goes.
I purchased a Nexus 7 for my young son and created a Restricted User Profile for him. I have two questions / concerns that I need to understand better.
1) When I download a game for him and provide him access to it, everything works great. However, if I uninstall it from the root account, it still remains in his user account until I log-in as him and uninstall it again. Why is it necessary that I delete the game from both accounts or is there a better way to remove programs?
2) The Google Play store was frozen on the Nexus and it wouldn't sync my profile to the google servers, so I ended up needing to do a factory reset. I tried using Helium Premium to back up all the files, but Helium only allows you to run it from the master account. My fears were realized when I logged in as my son and saw that he has lost all progress on every game that he played. He's not even that upset about it, but he has to start over with everything. Is there a reasonably effective way to backup a restricted profile's application info?
Appreciate any insight you guys can provide.
- 04-04-2014, 11:37 PM #2
Re: Couple of Questions / Issues with Kit Kat
Maybe there is a better way to do all this. Instead of a restricted user, how about installing an app like App Lock? That puts a password on things like the browser, App Lock itself, Settings, etc, so that only authorized users can access those specific areas. As long as he doesn't intentionally go and reset the device, that should act as a good barricade.
Helium I heard was hit and miss when it comes to saving data. Titanium Backup is better, but you need to be rooted for that one.
- 06-12-2016, 09:18 PM #3
- By Preformer19 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 16Last Post: 10-15-2014, 03:41 PM
- By charlyee in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 81Last Post: 07-05-2014, 06:58 AM
- By HVL87 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 16Last Post: 06-07-2014, 01:48 PM
- By TXGTOU in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 16Last Post: 04-17-2014, 08:52 PM
- By vyllan in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 04-04-2014, 11:37 PM