What am I supposed to use the App Drawer for?

anon(8730639)

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
What am I supposed to use the App Drawer for? I don't want to have the unorganized mess that iOS users have by having all of my apps on home screens, but at the same time, the Android app drawer is not as organized and easy to access as Windows Phone's. Windows Phone's app list is easily accessible by swiping, is organized alphabetically (and is easy to skip to the letter you want), and is one whole list that is a lot easier to go through than Android's. What am I supposed to do with this?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
What am I supposed to use the App Drawer for? I don't want to have the unorganized mess that iOS users have by having all of my apps on home screens, but at the same time, the Android app drawer is not as organized and easy to access as Windows Phone's. Windows Phone's app list is easily accessible by swiping, is organized alphabetically (and is easy to skip to the letter you want), and is one whole list that is a lot easier to go through than Android's. What am I supposed to do with this?

What phone do you have?

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Well I think some of the skins allow you do put folders in the app drawer, and some more organization options. Nova Launcher also does folders, and allows you to have seperate tabs in the drawer. Like for me I have Apps | Games | Widgets as my tabs. There are also launchers like Action Launcher which incoperate a slide out drawer. Than there are stuff that provides different solutions like Smart Launcher (gives you a different and slightly un-editable homescreen, Aviate Launcher, and Beautiful Drawer.
These are only some of the things you can do.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The App Drawer is just your All Apps list. If you want to organize and categorize your apps, do it on your homescreens. But as mentioned above, if you really want to customize the App Drawer, use an alternative launcher like Nova Prime (you need the paid version, because the free version doesn't have that capability).

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming your current app drawer is categorize your apps base on date, you need to set it to organize base on alphabetic order. Or download a Windows launcher.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree with B. Diddy. Have your most used apps on your homescreen, and leave the rest in your drawer. I use Nova myself, and I personally don't bother organizing it because I am not in there very often.