Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Default What am I supposed to use the App Drawer for?

What am I supposed to use the App Drawer for? I don't want to have the unorganized mess that iOS users have by having all of my apps on home screens, but at the same time, the Android app drawer is not as organized and easy to access as Windows Phone's. Windows Phone's app list is easily accessible by swiping, is organized alphabetically (and is easy to skip to the letter you want), and is one whole list that is a lot easier to go through than Android's. What am I supposed to do with this?
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,561 Global Posts

Default Re: What am I supposed to use the App Drawer for?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Matei View Post
    What am I supposed to use the App Drawer for? I don't want to have the unorganized mess that iOS users have by having all of my apps on home screens, but at the same time, the Android app drawer is not as organized and easy to access as Windows Phone's. Windows Phone's app list is easily accessible by swiping, is organized alphabetically (and is easy to skip to the letter you want), and is one whole list that is a lot easier to go through than Android's. What am I supposed to do with this?
    What phone do you have?
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well I think some of the skins allow you do put folders in the app drawer, and some more organization options. Nova Launcher also does folders, and allows you to have seperate tabs in the drawer. Like for me I have Apps | Games | Widgets as my tabs. There are also launchers like Action Launcher which incoperate a slide out drawer. Than there are stuff that provides different solutions like Smart Launcher (gives you a different and slightly un-editable homescreen, Aviate Launcher, and Beautiful Drawer.
    These are only some of the things you can do.

Global Posts
    3,537 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

What am I supposed to do with this?
    That's where your apps go.

The App Drawer is just your All Apps list. If you want to organize and categorize your apps, do it on your homescreens. But as mentioned above, if you really want to customize the App Drawer, use an alternative launcher like Nova Prime (you need the paid version, because the free version doesn't have that capability).

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

I'm assuming your current app drawer is categorize your apps base on date, you need to set it to organize base on alphabetic order. Or download a Windows launcher.

Global Posts
    20,937 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I agree with B. Diddy. Have your most used apps on your homescreen, and leave the rest in your drawer. I use Nova myself, and I personally don't bother organizing it because I am not in there very often.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    What phone do you have?
    The Android device I have is a Nexus 7 2013.