Gallery App, Alternatives?

anon(8730639)

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
is there any way I can remove the stupid Photos app? I've tried to use Google Plus, but it's completely useless to me and I'd like to use a normal Gallery app (BTW, normal Gallery app is pretty unorganized, any replacement Gallery recommendations?).

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Are there any that can access cloud albums? I don't mind Gallery but options are good. Like Quickpic but the cloud storage thing is a problem.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Dropbox is coming out with an app called Carousel that can access photos in Dropbox, but I don't think it can access Google+/Picasa.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Quick pic is probably the best. Gallery next is still in beta but should be great once finished

Sent from a Galaxy Note 2

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I agree that Photos and Gallery are both fairly terrible.
I hate how, if you transfer a folder from your computer that includes a sub-folder (say, a main folder called 2012 with a sub-folder in it called Bob's Birthday), the sub-folder get yanks out and put out on it's own, with no reference to its original location. At least iOS's Photos leaves the pics in the right main folder.

I've looked at QuickPic and its equally problematic and I'm far from throwing all my pics into Dropbox (or the Cloud in general) for access from there or re-tagging 700+ pics so that it fits Google apps. No real alternatives out there for me.

Ambrete

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
"Photofeed" is an automatic photo backup service which stores your photos automatically to it's servers. It works as a gallery replacement, in addition to being able to retrieve your photos from Instagram and Facebook, all in one place to view. I loved using it with my Droid 3, until I switched to Google plus because I received the 50 GB promotion they had with my Moto X.

Sent from my Moto X.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaac donald