Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default KitKat 4.4.2: can I go safely?

I noticed that for every new firmware there are problems (apps that don't work, etc... I still have ScummVM that doesn't work, after one of the last firmware release).

I have a Galaxy S4, can I install it safely? Do you know about issues? =)

Default Re: KitKat 4.4.2: can I go safely?

It happens.. Not defending Google or any of the OEM's but many times its not the fault of them either, its up to the app developers to make sure they have their apps updated to support the latest API's and any other available information to make sure everything gels.

Unfortunately that doesn't always work out and we see things broken with updates. Regardless of those problems the common security enhancements that come with any OS update is always a welcomed addition especially today with everyone focusing on security.
    Thanked by:

27,476 Posts
    Global Posts
    27,958 Global Posts

I look at it this way: the issues that come up will sooner or later be addressed. Even though Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) was a good OS version, I would not want to go back to it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok, no. This is the last time I update the phone firmware. :| I had many problems, as always. Applications disappeared, others that don't work anymore, settings reset, etc...

I'll need at least 2 weeks, working hard, to restore everything as before. After twice, I think I learned the lesson