Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G Pad on 4.4.2 - minor annoyance re: flash

Now I'm not particularly bothered about the absence of Flash from the internet of the future (although I am bothered that so many web developers still use it instead of HTML5), but what is really bothering me is all the little blank boxes with "cannot play content" or similar that get plastered over webpages.

My Windows Phone (shock horror) does not support flash either but does seem capable of replacing flash content with a static image or link.

Is there any way of setting this version of Android up to do the same?

Default Re: LG G Pad on 4.4.2 - minor annoyance re: flash

It is really up to the developer of the website. There are several methods that a web developer can use to display a thumbnail, and some work better with different browsers. I personally haven't seen a grey box in a very long time. In fact, I haven't come across a video that wouldn't play on my phone in a very long time. What browser are you using?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: LG G Pad on 4.4.2 - minor annoyance re: flash

Combination of Dolphin, Chrome and Firefox. Dolphin is my favourite, Firefox my least. All have minor frustrations in the way they deal with Flash.