Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Move from iOS to Android 4.4 - major text messages problems

Hi,

I have moved from iPhone to the HTC One (M8).
    Most stuff is working well but my messages which I copied from iPhone are in a mess.

When some people sms me it seems to group them with other contacts presumably because on the iphone at one time they were in the same group. It is happened then that someone sends me a text and when I hit reply, that reply goes to a group that had nothing to do with the original message. The only way I can avoid this is if I notice it go to edit recipients and then remove the other contacts from the group (or send them a new message from scratch).

Now I am thinking I am going to have to delete all my messages and see if that fixes the issue. Anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions?

Then there is the whole iMessages issue which you can only sort out by calling Apple in the US (I am in Ireland - call the Irish number and they will transfer) - however this is still not resolved and I am still not getting messages becuase they are still being sent as iMessages. I am just off the phone to apple who said they number is not registered with them and yet a test from my friends iPhone has not been received.

Thanks for reading,
    Fergal

Global Posts
    22,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Move from iOS to Android 4.4 - major text messages problems

I haven't moved from iOS, but I heard it can take a while before your account drops off from Apple's servers.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I'm having the same issue with the texting. I've emailed HTC to see if they have a solution.

I had the same issue with the texting. It seems that iPhones have iMessages as a default so if a friend has an iPhone and sent messages to you as iMessages, they need to go and turn SMS on instead of iMessages. It's kind of an issue with iPhone, not the Android, I think. Doing this on my wife's iPhone and turning off iMessages on my MacBook and my old iPhone seemed to have worked for me.

Now back to that group texting issue...

you have to have you m8's select "Send as SMS when iMessage isn't available" under "Messages" setting on their iOS devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by fergalfrog View Post
    Hi,

I have moved from iPhone to the HTC One (M8).
    Most stuff is working well but my messages which I copied from iPhone are in a mess.

When some people sms me it seems to group them with other contacts presumably because on the iphone at one time they were in the same group. It is happened then that someone sends me a text and when I hit reply, that reply goes to a group that had nothing to do with the original message. The only way I can avoid this is if I notice it go to edit recipients and then remove the other contacts from the group (or send them a new message from scratch).

Now I am thinking I am going to have to delete all my messages and see if that fixes the issue. Anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions?

Then there is the whole iMessages issue which you can only sort out by calling Apple in the US (I am in Ireland - call the Irish number and they will transfer) - however this is still not resolved and I am still not getting messages becuase they are still being sent as iMessages. I am just off the phone to apple who said they number is not registered with them and yet a test from my friends iPhone has not been received.

Thanks for reading,
    Fergal
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by rob damiani View Post
    you have to have you m8's select "Send as SMS when iMessage isn't available" under "Messages" setting on their iOS devices.
    It is not practical for me to send a message to anyone whom I suspect owns an iPhone asking them to make sure it is sent as an SMS.

I had to delete all messages copied from iPhone. There were multiple issues. If someone sent me a reply and then a few minutes later sent another I would only see the latest reply.
    I have 15,000+ messages but the import clearly is not working as it should.

I've never been an iPhone user, so can't relate or offer any advice from experience. But Richard Devine made a post on this subject on the front page back in January:

Issues with texts after moving to Android from iPhone? Here's an easy fix! | Android Central

Hopefully that sheds some light on it for you. Sounds like you're definitely not alone in this issue though.

Global Posts
    733 Global Posts

Apple likes to make sure that any one who moves over to Android will come back soon....it's happened my times where I work.

Posted via Android Central App
    Studies were done extensively, but have concluded that yes, the bird is the word.