Location mode switch

mrgou

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know an app that can help quickly switching between location modes? I often need the High Accuracy mode for navigation, but would rather be able to quickly go back to Battery Saving any other time. A widget switch would be very helpful.

Cheers!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The stock Power Control widget has a GPS toggle that will do what you need. When it's fully lit, it's on high accuracy. When it's only half-lit, it's on battery saving.

facemymusic

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
My widget on the Z1 compact was under tools -> then i had a separate widget for GPS. When its off, it's in battery saving mode. When its on, it's in high accuracy mode.

Note, "location" has to be turned on for this to work. If "location" is off, and you press the GPS toggle then you'll be in "device only" mode (and the location toggle will turn back on obviously).

Basically, having the location mode on/off and then turning gps toggle on/off or vis-versa will put you in different modes. Now only if they'd add this GPS toggle to the quick settings....

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I know this post is several months old but I need to find a solution to the Location modes in KitKat 4.4.4 on my Galaxy S4.
Having to manually switch frequently is a pain. (keeping my GPS in high accuracy mode seems to eat up my battery too fast)

Has anyone come across a widget to quickly toggle between High Accuracy/Power saving/GPS only?