Android 4.4.2 Maintenance.
I am relatively new to Android (at least to Modern Android). I currently have a Moto X with 4.4.2. Question. Is it necessary to do system maintenance? Scan for junk files, clear cache (recommend an app if so) etc. Or is Android just like iOS or OSX for example capable of taking care of that by itself. Other than not filling up my storage with unnecessary apps, is there anything else I should do?
- 04-25-2014, 10:48 PM #2
Re: Android 4.4.2 Maintenance.
I have a Nexus 5, and never have to do any kind of maintenance like that. I used to have All-in-One Toolbox installed in case I wanted to quickly clear app caches (which you can do from the normal Settings menu anyway) or do other maintenance, but I just uninstalled it because I realized I never use it.
If you notice the phone getting a little sluggish, then you could probably try clearing the app caches by going to Settings>Storage, tapping the Cached Data section, and then agreeing to clear all cached data.
- 04-26-2014, 07:31 AM #3
- 04-26-2014, 01:49 PM #5
- 04-26-2014, 04:47 PM #6
- By Seth Lamb1 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 16Last Post: 11-21-2014, 11:08 AM
- By sergioaleagas in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 7Last Post: 08-21-2014, 03:46 PM
- By fandroid18 in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 04-28-2014, 10:33 AM
- By androidcentral8450 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 04-25-2014, 12:31 PM
- By miew in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 04-25-2014, 11:06 AM