Need help on complete backup and restore

velociraptrr

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I am looking to create a complete backup of my Android phone (running 4.4.2), which includes most of the stuff (if not all). Of course, I'll need to restore it as well, so can anyone suggest me a good app (preferably one that can also bakup system and app settings, if such a things exists)? Cost is not really an issue, but the price should be reasonable as well.

Also, out of curiosity, what is all the stuff that can be backup up from my android? I know some like contacts, logs, messages, apps, bookmars, settings... but are there more? If so, what are they?

Note 1: My phone is not rooted and I don't plan to. Would I miss out on some backup features?
Note 2: I have discovered this app - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.idea.backup.smscontacts&token=zo8ATIVM . Would this cover my need (a complete backup and restore)?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
That app requires root. You'll need root and custom recovery for full backup of phone. Otherwise, you'll need to save contacts to Google Contacts, pics to Dropbox, Drive, etc., and bookmarks in Chrome.

You can also use avast mobile backup to store contacts, messages, and call logs on Google Drive. Backing up music, vids, and apps requires the paid version which is $15/year.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.avast.android.backup&token=2Zi-rgme

velociraptrr

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I have tried the app and it seems to do everything except backing up app data (which requires a root). In order to manually back up app data, can't I just backup folders like Android>Data (or is it more complex than that)?

Also, my other question was the kinds of things I can back up. Have I covered it all in the first post or are there more kinds of data I am forgetting?

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
you can use helium app from market which does not need any root access but you can only backup applications and games. to backup full data in your phone you need to have a root access

Sent from my GT-N7100 using AC Forums mobile app

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
It really is annoying that Android doesn't have complete seamless device mirroring like iOS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol