- 1 Posts
Deleted Emails Re-appearing
This is my first time posting here and I was hoping someone could help me. I did some searching and haven't found anything that directly adresses my issue.
I recently upgraded from a Galaxy S3 to a Galaxy S5. I have 2 email accounts set up (Gmail & Yahoo) through the stock email application. When I delete emails form my yahoo account on my phone they do not delete from the server and so if i go to my email on a computer they are all still there as unread and if I sync my phone they all re-appear.
When I set up the yahoo mail i simply clicked add account in the stock android email applicaiton and put in my cridentials. It did the automatic setup. When I go into the incoming server settings it is set to IMAP. Also I do not see an option to "delete from server".
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I never had this issue with my GS3.
- 04-28-2014, 04:19 PM #2
- 11 Posts
Re: Deleted Emails Re-appearing
I would remove and re-create the email account - Ensuring you are always using IMAP/SMTP and never POP3. With a true IMAP setup, any changes you make on your device will be synced back to your yahoo. Make sure Sync is on.
Alternatively, go into yahoo and setup forwarding to gmail, log out of yahoo, remove the yahoo account, and never look back. :P
- 07-27-2014, 10:59 PM #3
- By PercySi in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 04-29-2014, 05:20 AM
- By Nicholas Shumaker in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 3Last Post: 04-28-2014, 06:02 PM
- By Joshua O in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 04-28-2014, 04:15 AM
- By 7evenE1even in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 04-28-2014, 12:31 AM
- By ahampton0217#AC in forum Sprint LG G2Replies: 0Last Post: 04-27-2014, 05:20 PM