Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Justin967
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I can not get my app data to sync on my nexus 4. Under my Google account it says there is a sync error. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: app data sync?

What device do you have? If you're able to wipe the system cache partition on it, it's worth trying. But we need to know which device first.

You could also consider going to Settings>Accounts​, removing your Google account, and the adding it back.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I mentioned I have a nexus 4 in my post. I should have mentioned I have tried removing and readding the account.

Goshdurnit, I've been doing this too much lately! Sorry I missed your Nexus 4 mention.

So did you try a cache partition wipe? Reset: Google Nexus 4 | T-Mobile Support
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Haha its okay. Unfortunately didn't help. Maybe that will have helped my wakelocks in some way. Can't check that stuff since I'm not rooted. thanks Google for changing that up...

tonyr6 likes this.

Which Google service is giving you a sync error? I remember getting a constant sync error for Contacts on my old Razr Maxx, but the Contacts would still sync correctly. So are you sure the sync isn't actually being successful in your case?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

It'd the app data section that isn't syncing.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

I'm having the same issue on a Nexus 5. Reset the cache, rebooted, removed the account and readded... nothing.

It'd be nice if they provided more information with the error message.

Did anyone find a solution for this? I have a Nexus 4. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing the cache, clearing the data, force quitting, disconnecting and reconnecting - nothing. I keep getting this vague app data sync error and I have stopped getting gmail notifications.

I ended up just doing a factory reset. It was overdue in any case; I had a ton of cached junk eating up memory. Problem solved.

Yeah, I figured that was probably going to be the solution.

This is not a reply to Makfish, or anyone else on this forum, but just a general remark. Why is a factory reset going to be a solution? We should not have to be doing factory resets to fix problems. This is an Android issue Google needs to fix! PERIOD!

Yeah, but seeing as how most of us are neither software engineers nor work for Google...