Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Did KitKat screw up my phone?

I have an AT&T Note 3 (United States, non rooted) and recently upgraded to KitKat.

Prior to upgrading I have some particular settings, most notably having the SD card and phone encrypted. I also used a few apps like Go Locker as my lock screen, so I essentially had a double lock which I liked (First was the phone's lock screen, then Go Locker).

After upgrading to kitkat, the system lock only appears when I reset or turn off/on the phone. I thought if I decrypted and re encrypted it would give me the double lock, but it doesn't. Once I "unlock" the system lock it stays unlock...which I think defeats the whole purpose of why I encrypted it originally.

There there are some issues with an app I have. I use Superapp Lock to lock some of my apps, and it worked great prior to upgrading. After upgrading to kitkat it doesn't work. I tried contacting the dev, but they don't know either.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I've yet to try to reinstall either Go Locker or Superapp lock, as I know I'll lose my settings, and it'll be a pain getting it exactly like I liked it.