Problem taking video...

ENERDROID

May 5, 2013
Visit site
OK so I just had something happen that totally pissed me off and I'm wondering if there's a fix. I was taking video of my son's guitar performance an 3 minutes in someone called me. My phone gave the call priority, shut down my video app and forced it's way through. What the hell??? Aside from just shutting off the cell radios is there a normal setting to fix this. If I'm doing something I don't want ANYTHING else to take priority and force itself on me. NEXUS 4

Nexus 4 w/TapaTalk 4

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I think turning on airplane mode is your only option. I guess I don't see it as strange that your "phone" decided that "phone" was a priority.

ENERDROID

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Seriously? If you're taking a video obviously that is what you want to be doing. If I'm on it doing something it shouldn't interrupt something that's already in process. It completely screwed me and if there's really no setting for this Google needs to fix it.

Nexus 4 w/TapaTalk 4

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
But if you were taking a video of the cat stretching in the sun and you missed a call about a family member being rushed to the hospital, that'd be an issue too, right? Because your 'stupid' phone didn't let the call go through.
Phones today are amazing, but not quite to the point that they read minds and know what *your *priorities are at any given moment. A phone will make/take phone calls. That is/should be priority number one because it is a phone. If you want a video camera that doesn't ring, they make many affordable options.

ENERDROID

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't want it to read my mind. I want a setting that Lets me choose what should and shouldn't be a priority. If I turn on my video camera and I'm in the middle of taking video I don't care who the hell calls and for what. It can wait... Not to mention I don't even answer my phone anyways. Let's be real... Phones are used way less as phones then they are everything else. Maybe not for you but the bulk of people that's true.

Nexus 4 w/TapaTalk 4

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
You aren't alone, or the first to request this Incoming Calls Shouldn’t Interrupt Video Recording on Smartphones | UX-Colored Glasses looks like windows did it a year ago, maybe or maybe not now...
Can't speak specifically to the Nexus, but on my phone menu> settings> call>Call rejection> auto reject mode-all numbers. Maybe you can create a shortcut to get there, but it's probably faster to just switch to airplane mode when you don't want any interruptions. Or just auto reject all calls always, let them text you. ;)