Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Calendar/S Planner problem

So I have had kitkat for a while now but ever since updating I keep getting popups: 1. Unfortunately, Calendar has stopped. 2. Unfortunately, S Planner has stopped. 3 Unfortunately, Calendar Storage has stopped. I keep getting these message whenever I try to open the apps, but also just at random times throughout the days no matter what I am doing. I need my calendars!!! Any help would be appreciated! Running stock Android 4.4.2 have been mostly using Nova Launcher but recently trying out the Google Now Launcher.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Calendar/S Planner problem

Quote Originally Posted by Scucas View Post
    So I have had kitkat for a while now but ever since updating I keep getting popups: 1. Unfortunately, Calendar has stopped. 2. Unfortunately, S Planner has stopped. 3 Unfortunately, Calendar Storage has stopped. I keep getting these message whenever I try to open the apps, but also just at random times throughout the days no matter what I am doing. I need my calendars!!! Any help would be appreciated! Running stock Android 4.4.2 have been mostly using Nova Launcher but recently trying out the Google Now Launcher.
    Have your tried factory resetting your device after the update ??? Well, if not then I would say do it will solve your problem. Look this just happens sometimes after the updating process the software need to be re-initialised I would say factory resetting it will re-initialise your device update.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I don't really want to do that if I don't have to, hoping there's another solution before it gets to this stage :P

Try this [it worked for me for Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 3]

Open Settings > Application manager > General. Scroll to the right, to press "All".

Then, scroll down to S Planner. Click it, and press the Force Stop button, and the Clear Data button.

Then, scroll up and do the same [Force Stop and Clear Data] for Calendar Storage, com.sec.android.app.keyguard, and S Planner Widget (if you see them running).

Apparently there can be some sort of corrupted data which prevents these from interacting properly.

Now try to run the app again.
    L78

I was having exactly this problem with my Galaxy S5. I bought it in Hong Kong so was worried about warranties. Tried this fix and hey presto - problem solved!!! Life saver!

This works for me too. I would say re-setting device is a good solution too as everything should be easy to restore.