Calendar/S Planner problem

Scucas

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So I have had kitkat for a while now but ever since updating I keep getting popups: 1. Unfortunately, Calendar has stopped. 2. Unfortunately, S Planner has stopped. 3 Unfortunately, Calendar Storage has stopped. I keep getting these message whenever I try to open the apps, but also just at random times throughout the days no matter what I am doing. I need my calendars!!! Any help would be appreciated! Running stock Android 4.4.2 have been mostly using Nova Launcher but recently trying out the Google Now Launcher.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
So I have had kitkat for a while now but ever since updating I keep getting popups: 1. Unfortunately, Calendar has stopped. 2. Unfortunately, S Planner has stopped. 3 Unfortunately, Calendar Storage has stopped. I keep getting these message whenever I try to open the apps, but also just at random times throughout the days no matter what I am doing. I need my calendars!!! Any help would be appreciated! Running stock Android 4.4.2 have been mostly using Nova Launcher but recently trying out the Google Now Launcher.

Have your tried factory resetting your device after the update ??? Well, if not then I would say do it will solve your problem. Look this just happens sometimes after the updating process the software need to be re-initialised I would say factory resetting it will re-initialise your device update. :)

Steve Bittinger

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Try this [it worked for me for Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 3]

Open Settings > Application manager > General. Scroll to the right, to press "All".

Then, scroll down to S Planner. Click it, and press the Force Stop button, and the Clear Data button.

Then, scroll up and do the same [Force Stop and Clear Data] for Calendar Storage, com.sec.android.app.keyguard, and S Planner Widget (if you see them running).

Apparently there can be some sort of corrupted data which prevents these from interacting properly.

Now try to run the app again.

L78

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I was having exactly this problem with my Galaxy S5. I bought it in Hong Kong so was worried about warranties. Tried this fix and hey presto - problem solved!!! Life saver!;)

07JJ28

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
This works for me too. I would say re-setting device is a good solution too as everything should be easy to restore.

tjmethod

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi any chance you can drop or make a download of the widgets? I am on biggins rom and I think they were removed as bloat- I didn't think I had the s planner apk but apparently I did but I already downloaded another and got it working but I tried 3 or 4 other s planner widgets and to only one installed. But every time it errored 's planner has stopped'. I trid you method but same thing.
Any help would be great.
TJ

Steph Edusei

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
The Force stop button is shaded out on my Galaxy S4 mini so I can't try this fix. My S Planner seems to pick and choose what it syncs at the moment which means I can't rely on it.

Rick Denessen

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Try this [it worked for me for Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 3]

Open Settings > Application manager > General. Scroll to the right, to press "All".

Then, scroll down to S Planner. Click it, and press the Force Stop button, and the Clear Data button.

Then, scroll up and do the same [Force Stop and Clear Data] for Calendar Storage, com.sec.android.app.keyguard, and S Planner Widget (if you see them running).

Apparently there can be some sort of corrupted data which prevents these from interacting properly.

Now try to run the app again.

Sounds good and I almost think I tried this before. But I don't remember. If I delete all data and cache then try to reinstall S Planner which is now called calendar, will my appointments reappear?
I know this is a couple years after this posting but you get the idea. My major malfunction is that for every reminder notification I get double notifications and I'm trying to figure this out. It's annoying!

Last edited by a moderator:

Theenergyman

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Try Resetting settings only. You wont lose any data. It worked for me. I haven't bottomed out why it worked yet but I think its a permissions/notifications clash with another app somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa