Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    K_O

Default Notification Bar not displaying contact picture for SMS messages (hangouts)

I'm using Hangouts for my SMS messages. Until recently when I received a message and swiped down on the notification bar I would see the contact's picture next to the text message. I have saved contact pictures for most of my gmail contacts (had to since google won't pull in Facebook picture but that's another gripe). Recently however, the contact picture does not display in the notification area when I get an SMS. It just show a grey/black/white image where the contact picture should be. The contact picture still appears in the actual text message and in my list of text messages but not in the notification area. I have a Nexus 5 which I believe is up to date on all updates. This is very annoying. Not sure what changed but hoping someone has an answer. Thanks.

Global Posts
    406 Global Posts

Default Re: Notification Bar not displaying contact picture for SMS messages (hangouts)

Quote Originally Posted by K_O View Post
    I'm using Hangouts for my SMS messages. Until recently when I received a message and swiped down on the notification bar I would see the contact's picture next to the text message. I have saved contact pictures for most of my gmail contacts (had to since google won't pull in Facebook picture but that's another gripe). Recently however, the contact picture does not display in the notification area when I get an SMS. It just show a grey/black/white image where the contact picture should be. The contact picture still appears in the actual text message and in my list of text messages but not in the notification area. I have a Nexus 5 which I believe is up to date on all updates. This is very annoying. Not sure what changed but hoping someone has an answer. Thanks.
    Hangouts is full of bugs. I have experience this as well.

Default Re: Notification Bar not displaying contact picture for SMS messages (hangouts)

I'm having the same exact problem, and it also started recently, right around the time I updated Hangouts to the version merging SMS and Hangouts messaging. I'm thinking Google screwed this up in the update. Very annoying. Also on a Nexus 5 (rooted, stock rom).

Yes, and she was well on my moto X unfortunately hangouts is full of bugs I am using text read text me app what's wrong sorry about what's good messages, MMS, regular SMS and it syncs with all of your facebook picture id's as well

Posted via Android Central App